Title: Operations Coordinator
Reports to: Chief Operations Officer
Posted: August 24, 2022
Overview of Responsibilities:
Under the direction of the Chief Operations Officer, the Operations Coordinator will assist with all aspects of the day-to-day operations, including but not limited to purchasing and procurement, contracts, budget, office management, record-keeping, managing databases, and handling inquiries and correspondences. The Operations Coordinator will also fulfill tasks set out by Project Ready’s Executive Leadership Team. Therefore, the ideal candidate must be a team player, highly detail-oriented, a self-starter, and accurately complete various fiscal and administrative tasks necessary for successful and timely project management and other related logistics.
The position reports to the COO with strategic oversight from the COS. This position will be based in the Newark area.
Office Management/Administrative Support
- Manage the day-to-day operations of the office, which include:
- Overseeing supply inventory, ordering, and procurement processes. ○
- Maintaining the office environment and equipment ensures a clean, organized, and welcoming space. ○
- Handling technology inventory and loan systems. ○
- Receiving incoming and preparing outgoing mailings.
- Record minutes and notes during meetings, as needed.
- Manage and coordinate internal calendars, supporting calendar conflicts and overall calendar needs.
- Assist with on-site and off-site event planning and logistics.
- Organize team electronic files on shared google drives.
Finance and Compliance Management.
- Monitor billing emails and communicate with payees as needed.
- Process billing in the Bill.com platform and update classifications in Quickbooks.
- Gather and compile required materials for annual audits and grant reports.
- Manage the collection of new employees’ information and ensure they have the appropriate employment documentation.
- Create and maintain digital employee files via the TriNet platform and secure Google Drive.
- Assist with payroll and ad-hoc HR projects.
- A high school diploma or equivalent is required.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college is preferred.
- Experience in finance, bookkeeping, and/or operations.
- Strong proficiency in Google Suite and Microsoft Suite products.
- Proficiency in general computer skills and basic IT literacy.
- Experience with Quickbooks and other financial software is a plus!
- Operationally minded, exceptional detail orientation, and consistent follow-through.
- Sensitivity to confidential matters is required!
- Self-starter with the ability to complete tasks with minimal direction and supervision.
- A high degree of organizational skill and problem-solving ability.
- Resourcefulness in finding information and answers from within and outside the company.
- Demonstrated ability to manage complex projects to timely and successful outcomes, especially in an environment of constant change.
- Strong relationship management, interpersonal, and communication (written and verbal) skills in person and remotely. ● Desire to learn and grow professionally.
- High demonstration of integrity, credibility, and dedication to the mission of Project Ready.
- Ability to lift at least 30 pounds (boxes, etc.).
This is a part-time position with the possibility of becoming full-time in the future. A time commitment of 20-25hrs is expected. It can be a hybrid position with the ability to perform specific work duties remotely if desired; however, office management, event support, and periodic office meetings would require 2-3 days on-site.